Guided tour: Turn the time over
Get a unique opportunity to visit the historic Ligatne Paper Mill under the guidance of a knowledgeable guide, and learn about its history, the paper production story, and how the entire town of Ligatne formed from the Ligatne Paper Mill.
When you enter the Ligatne Paper Mill, you will experience what it means for the time to stop. Paper Mill employee offices and the production facilities look as if they were left only yesterday. Here, the walls are decorated with motivational slogans from the golden days of the Paper Mill, and in some of the offices, you can see the very first mobile phones. Even the employee lockers are a testimony of at least 20 years old history about what seemed relevant for those people at the time.
Information about the guided tours:
- Every Saturday at 12:00 p.m. (from May 27 to October 1), pre-registration for the guided tour by calling + 371 68203235.
- The tour starts at the main gate of the Ligatne Paper Mill (Pilsonu Street 1, Ligatne)
- The duration of the guided tour: an hour and a half
- Groups of 10 people and more can arrange the guided tour for another time by calling + 371 68203235 or writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For pupils, seniors: 5.50 EUR
- For adults: 7.50 EUR
- Payment in cash